Monday, November 13, 2006

Christmas decorations go up

No no, not in my apartment. I just was downtown yesterday (and at E-Mart today) and I've noticed that there's already decorations going up. yikes.
I've been walking a lot lately. The temperature is just perfectly crisp, you are very comfortable in a sweater and jeans, so basically it's like heaven for me. Feeling the wind? throw on a nice jacket, and you are a well dressed foreigner that everyone will smile at as they pass.
Sam is adjusting well to the new environment, which is good news. She hasn't been sick again, unless you count the diarrhea that luckily landed on me instead of the fleece blanket on the bed. I clean up much more easily. She's less needy, more likley now to follow than to just sit in the other room mewling when I leave. She's full of energy, which is good. And earlier estimates of age have been abandoned after further internet research (now with pictures) has revealed that she is probably close to seven weeks.
She's running around like she's crazy, stopping midstride to go 90 degrees to the left... or pouncing on my hand, but not realizing that her legs can't do that yet, she bounces off the wall and falls behind the bed.
I'm having some people over on the weekend for an American Thanksgiving feast. It should be a lot of fun, and I'm getting pretty excited about it.

Other random notes:

I had a ride with a cab driver whose breath was so bad that I ahd to roll down the window. In the backseat.

Sam is stirring up more dust than I knew was possible in the apartment. Trouble is, she fits in all the places that a vacuum doesn't.

I saw a guy whip a rock into a flock of birds the other day. A grown man.

The river is still entertaining. I saw a new kinds of bird yesterday. The walk to the river has climaxed though, with all the leaves turning and now beginning to fall. But now there's that great rotting leaf smell that I love so much, and makes me crazy missing home.

Marking tests still sucks. I'm getting better at making the tests shorter to mark though. I made some multiple choice, and on a question that went "Why did the boy's mom say the rollerbaldes were okay?" (the answer was "They have no bones") one student selected "They were already dead". hahaha. I had to penalize a lot of classes this wekk, so the marks are really low. I hope I don't hear too much flack over it.

That's all for now.

No comments: