Thursday, December 13, 2007

On the road...

So, I've been back in Canada for a week and a half now...
It's been good, but I'm not meant to be at home for this long any more. It's a major adjustment back to living with the family. It's not that they're jerks, or that they're cramping my style (what style?) but I'm falling back into bad habits, and I feel myself getting almost bratty at times... I mean, I'm just not used to the schedule, getting called to dinner, that sort of thing, so even nice gestures feel like a hassle.
Anyway, in the interest of not killing anyone, and/or being killed, I have hit the road. I borrowed my grandma's car (a nice arrangement, considering that renting a car is the same price as public transit up north, and neither is cheap) and headed down to Toronto.
I'm staying with my uncle, visiting a few old friends, although in the interest of keeping my visit low-key, I am only seeing a couple of people. I'd like to see more, but I'm worn out, and more stressed than I would care to be right now, for some reason.

I forgot how relaxed I get when I'm driving. It was lovely to pop in a familiar CD and cruise down the (luckily snow-free) highway. SO nice to sing along in the enclosed space, be in total control... I really miss that aspect of driving. It's such a small thing, but when you get it back, that control is really nice.

I should go though, I've been sitting in the car for four hours, I should not be sitting now in an internet cafe, especially considering that there is a beautiful waterfront (snowy) just a few hundred meters away practically begging to be walked.

More news to come.

No comments: