Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Return

So, I'm back in Korea. It has been pretty exciting so far, lots to do, lots to do. This morning I was marvelling to Vanessa that it had only been one week. It's just hard to imagine, it really feels like I have been here for two or three weeks, like I barely even left.
I arrived last Saturday, and I was greeted by Vanessa waiting for me at the airport, which is a great way to start anything, really. I was horribly late getting out of customs, because I got stuck behind a bunch of people who apparently had issues, so they each took like twenty minutes to get through. I was really worried too, because I had never entered Korea on a tourist visa before, and I was concerned that with all the daily changes that were happening with my work visa arrangements (an entirely new blog entry/rant will follow) I was worried that they would stop me at the airport and detain me! But I got through, no problem, although I had a small panic attack when the man asked me "Where is your visa?", because he assumed I was here for work. YIKES! But I just said "Oh, I'm just visiting some friends" (a technical truth) and he said "That's coo" (spelling intentional) and let me pass with a stamp and a nod.
We got on a bus, chatted, and mostly slept, due both to my jetlag and the bus' interior temperature of approximately 7000 degrees. There was a condensation imprint of me left on the seat when I got up, it was that hot.

No comments: