Saturday, December 30, 2006

MIRACLE BONUS!

Yesterday was the last day of school before the new year, and the last day before winter intensives.
Classes went pretty well.. tests, talking, just goofing off with the students.
The best part was during my break when Mr Lee handed me an envelope, said "Happy New Year", and smiled. There was 200 000 won in it! That's about $230! w00t!
I had been invited out to the acoustic jam night at the Speakeasy, so as soon as school was out, I booted 'er over there. About halfway, I walked by a guy scraping ice off his windshield. He dropped his ice scraper on the ground, looked at me, said something in Korean, then got in his car. I was in a rush, so I just kept walking. I thought it was pretty weird that he hadn't picked up his ice-scraper.
Anyways, I got to the Speakeasy, and chatted up Dave for a bit. Then, I went to get a drink, and reached for my envelope. IT WAS GONE! I was in a panic for about three seconds, then I calmed down. Hey, what the hell, it was a bonus, I wasn't banking on it, so if I lost it, it sucks, but nothing is really going to go terribly wrong. I told Dave, he told a guy at the bar, Gary, and they were panicking for me. I put my coat on and headed out to look for it.
I was in the underground arcade walking under the main street. Then I remembered the ice scraper... it wasn't an ice scraper at all! It was my bonus envelope! Then I broke into a run. I was sure that the guy had probably picked it up, or the guy who walked by at the same time as I did got it... anyways, I got there, finally, and started looking under cars.
Then, in the distance, I saw it! a white envelope! It was a little worse for wear, and had clearly been run over a few times. But all the money was there!
It was a miracle on kumnamno street!

I bought a lens for my camera with the money. I brought it home and I've been playing with it all afternoon. The bad thing is, the kitten is afraid of the sound of the autofocus! haha. It's pretty entertaining. I can set it up, but as soon as I take a picture, she's off like a bolt of lightning to hide under the bed!

That's all for now!

No comments: