Thursday, March 15, 2007

FORTUITOUS!

Here's the latest great tidbit:
I was walking with Ryan, Brooke, Jon, Emily and Tracy the other day... we were downtown having coffee, debating a movie, eating pizza in a cup... the usual thing.
We walked home, and I suggested that we walk through Sajik Park, this park in the center on town on a hill... it's pretty cool (and has been mentioned before in the blog). We were walking by the big central pagoda with an observation tower, and I heard live drumming. So I ran up the stairs to check it out.
When I came up to the third floor, I found a little "Members club", and when I went in, I found a guy playing the drums along with a "teach yourself the drums" tapes. I introduced myself, and decided that it looked like a pretty cool place. I told him that I played guitar, and he invited me to come back and play with him sometime. I said that I would and left...
Last Friday, towards the end of my grade five class, I got a phone call. My phone was on, because I never get calls, so I am usually safe at school. Anyways, I picked it up, and it was a high school English teacher. I forgot to mention, the guy who owned the bar was a high school teacher. He had one of his coworkers call me to arrange a play date! We agreed on Tuesday night, around 10:30, the earliest I could get there after work.
When I went there last night (Tuesday), it was empty. I was a little peeved, but since Sam is recovering from being spayed, I figured that going home was probably not the worst idea anyways. I wasn't too angry, I figured that it had probably just been a communication error.
I went again tonight, because one obvious communication error was mixing up Wednesday and Tuesday nights. I went back and it was once again closed. I was a little pissed, but I figured, hey, let's not freak out, and just head to the observation deck one floor up (I was talking to my jacket). I walked up, and just as I came to the top step, I heard a big boom, and I was just in time to catch the tail end of a fire-works display.
Somehow, everything seems to be working out for me lately, and I love it.

Anyways.. I'm thinking that this would be a really cool place for a party... I'm working on it. Stay tuned for details, and photos of the latest bashes!

No comments: