Wednesday, March 21, 2007

So long Dragon Pants.

It's really time that we parted.
We had a good run. You've seen some beautiful things, you've seen some terribly disturbing things, and you have sat wet in suitcase bottoms wrapped in a musty towel.
But let's be honest... You're just very old and worn out. I will always treasure our memories together, but I'm getting tired of hearing tearing every time I reach into the pocket, and worrying about your holes expanding with every wash.
I will always remember you, and I am creating this very special blog post in your loving memory.

Behold their charms!
Small, curious holes.
Large pocket holes.
The tattered waist band. You have seen me through the gain and loss of nearly seventy pounds.

I will always remember you!

THE DRAGON PANTS ARE DEAD!
LONG LIVE DRAGON PANTS!

3 comments:

Goulash said...

Long live the Dragon Pants!!!

(I use to have a t-shirt like this... I was tempted to frame it and hang in on a wall)

Carol-Ann Murray said...

May the Dragon Pants rest in peace!

My condolences at this time of loss

Sarah L Boyd said...

Ah, if only you could quilt...

...You could have a very tiny dragon quilt. Or, you know, wait till some other sentimentally valuable fabric wore out...

Shutting up now ;-)