Sunday, June 24, 2007

Music Party

I'm sitting in my newly bedroom-ized living room (the air conditioner is out here) and I am listening to the recordings I made at last night's music party.
They turned out really well.
I am really really proud of last night. It was probably the most impressive thing I have ever been responsible for, or been a part of. There was such an amazing variety of music, and of performers. There were beginners, seasoned veterans... and through the night 62000 won was raised for the Sung Bin Girl's orphanage in Gwangju!
About 60 people came out, with about 30 people staying for almost the whole night. I don't know... maybe there were more people... but I'm pretty sure no less than 60 at least came and stayed for one act.
We had Elton John covers on piano, eccentric originals, some campfire-style sing-along songs, a honky-tonk band, some instrumentals, folky tunes and some pop tunes. It was a great night.
One highlight was a Korean trio who heard about the party and came out to "Congratulate and Welcome" us. They were so amazing!
Anyways... more later.

1 comment:

Goulash said...

Hey Matt,
It was a great night! I had lotsa fun.

Photos are up on flickr if you wanna look.

:)