Friday, June 08, 2007

Sam News and more Vanessa progress...

In other Sam News, I will be looking for a new home for her. The last month has obviously been very busy with Vanessa (and later, with mom) but even before that I was having trouble with Sam. I bought her because I was very lonely and I wanted a pet in the apartment... and for a long time, it was wonderful, because I was spending a lot of time at home with her. But in the last few months, I have become very very involved in some other things, and I just feel like it is unfair to Sam. She's just a kitten, and she needs more playtime than I can offer right now. But I'm traveling a LOT now, visiting people, playing music, performing, starting to organize the music parties as a regular thing, and taking Korean lessons, and practicing... I'm a busy guy.
Oh, the Korean lessons, I can make a confession now, publicly. I was looking for something a little different... and I thought that maybe a Korean girl could be it... and I know this extremely cute Korean girl... but her English was not so good. Maybe you have talked to me, and you thought "Holy Crap, this guy really wants to learn Korean! What a trooper!" Well, yeah, I have a lot of reasons to want to learn Korean but chief among them for a long time was this girl... there was always good vibes from her, and lots of giggly smiles, so I thought "Hey, If I could talk to her, this could probably be fun", and since I'm not one of those guys who will date a girl they can't talk to because they want to touch a boob, I tried to learn. I really tried. Like, combined lesson/language exchange of up to 12 or 15 hours a week. Needless to say, it got a lot better real quickly. My speaking Korean, I mean. A few weeks in though, the vibe changed... I still liked her, but I started to think "Boyfriend?" Yes, that means I had dedicated that much time to learning for a girl I wasn't even sure was available. Boys, stop laughing, girls, stop saying "aww". Anyways, she did have a boyfriend. A fiancee, it turned out, but I was not crushed. Luckily, the vibe warned me, and I had started backing off a little... and good timing worked for me again, just as I was backing off, I met Vanessa.
But, timing is a two-faced bitch sometimes.
As good as it was, for both of us, really, timing-wise, it was also terrible, because Vanessa left Korea on May 23rd. So we had a couple of amazing weeks together to try to make up our minds about where this was going. We decided that it was worth waiting for a while, and it looked like we were going to get back together and see how things went when I got back to Canada. But then more time passed, and she decided that she would come back in August. So... wow. That's good, two months are a lot shorter than six. But two months... oog. I'm... like, four or five days in, and it already sucks. Luckily, mom has been here to distract me and keep me busy.

No comments: