Sunday, October 15, 2006

Test notes

So, at this school I give the students tests. This means that you get updates on hilarious mistakes!

So far, one student wrote "favourite", with a u, and then drew a Canadian flag above it and wrote "Canadian" above it after I made a point in class that I might sometimes write it differently from the text, and that both were correct. Very cute.

One student just wrote "anally" in the vocab section when he should have written "alone". It's spelt correctly... so I wonder where he learned it. Hopefully it's just a coincidence.

A student just wrote "fart" instead of "part of".

(hours later)

So, that was not quite as entertaining as I had hoped... oh well, there will be plenty of tests to come.

Marking them though, I realized how much I like it at Munhwa. I was recognizing names of kids and imagining their faces as I was marking their tests! I've never known kids' names before, how the heck did I ever teach before? It's so nice, and they are really cute. I'm happy here so far.

No comments: