Wednesday, July 04, 2007

some thoughts, few happenings

Yesterday was a pretty strange day of school.
I have a new grade five class, which is pretty neat. Grade fives are usually pretty easy, because they don't have any attitude yet. They still volunteer, even in bigger classes. The new class is also cool, because it means that I no longer have to teach the puppy killer. They're doing the usual first weeks stuff, introductions and such. Mr Kang wants me to start them on Basic One, which I think is too simple for them, so I think I'll motor through it. I was going to start them with Intermediate One, but I saw that some of them had already bought the first book without me telling them to... so no dice.
My grade six class has a new dynamic going on. My favourite class, which I have had since I got here, recently got split up and divided according to level, which is good for them, I guess, but bad for me, becuase I really enjoyed that class. Two of the students from the good class got moved into my attitude-rich grade six class, so I'm anxious about whether they will rub on the rest of the class, or if the rest of the class will rub off on them.
I gave my grade sevens easy homework because it's midterms, so it's not worth studying the book, because most kids don't come to academies so they have extra study time for school. Anyway, miracle of miracles, they did their homework. It was basically "Bring something for show and tell", and they both did! (two students attending out of about 15 or so)
One kid brought a really cute picture of himself as a baby, and the other kid had his wallet that he got for his birthday. It was a "Beanpole" brand wallet, so now I'm assuming that the kid's family is loaded. I went in there the other day for the first time, and I didn't see anything for less than $120!. Anyway, he told me that when his father gave it to him, he also got a kiss, which was pretty cute.
My other grade sevens... hoo... I was just told that the reason they are in the calss togetehr is that they are the ones the director hopes will just leave. They're apparently more trouble than they are worth. Too bad, I guess, I actually like the class compared to the one before it. haha.
I started getting sick again a few days ago. I'm pretty sure it's just a cold, but I have that really annoying nasal drip, which is just constant and unstoppable. I can't blow it out, and I can't sniff it, because it jsut keeps coming. Okay, that might have been a little graphic, but I'm jsut being honest. Today it's in my chest a bit, and tomorrow I'll have to decide if it's worth a doctor's trip or not. Luckily, today was a holiday for Munhwa, so I didn't have to go teach. Tomorrow I will, but it's a short week this week, so luckily the speaking test day will be tomorrow instead of today, and I can just say "Write dialogues!" when I arrive and then sit while they write and read to me.
My big project this week has been putting all of my photos into albums. I finished it today, about one third of the way through a third album! I have a lot of pictures. So, I ahven't been going out much lately... obviously. haha.
Actually, I've been feeling today like I'm in a bit of a rut. Too much internet TV and sitting around. It's mostly because I'm sick, but I've also been avoiding things on the social front lately, for a reason I'm not too sure of.
I've also been eating a lot of pizza lately for reasons I'm not too sure of. Like, three in about a week and a half. I've just had the most intense cravings, and actually just writing about it is making me have another one. ugh... it's like I hate my heart. haha.
One neat thing about working evenings and then coming home and eating a pizza is that they lead to awesome dreams. Awesome, crazy, messed-up dreams.
I had one the other night that I was having dinner with Vanessa, Carol, Mel and other Vanessa (haha) and Richard and Shannon, a couple from Mokpo who somehow snuck into my dream even though I have really only met them a few times. We were eating in this bizarro restaurant with moose and deer heads mounted everywhere on the walls. Everyone was shocked by how many they were, and someone started complaining about the cruelty of it all... which struck me as strange, because I had noticed that they were actually toy moose and deer heads, that somehow had antler-shaped cacti growing out of them so that they looked like real heads. Also, one wall was a gently sloped rock wall with moss growing on it, and giant lizards crawling on it. We didn't actually eat, we just sat around drinking colas.
Then I was in New York. I was in a guest-house type thing with a little cafe under it. Apparently it was really hot, because I decided to wear nothing but my yellow golf shirt out that day. Like, literally nothing else. Just nude from the waist down. So I was flashing/mooning everyone, but I remember being pretty cool with the whole situation. I went out, nothing happened, then I came back and that's when I realized that I was travelling with my friends John and Brian from university. They laughed at me because I looked like a crazy person, and then (potential homoeroticism warning) they chased me up the stairs of the guest house and hit me with wiffle bats or something. Now what that means, I don't care to speculate. hahaha.
After the wiffle beating was completed, I went down to the little cafe for a drink, now fully clothed. I got my tea, and then this smoking hot blonde asked me to join her. That's strange in itself, because in real life I'm not much for blonde women... but in my dreams, I am, apparently. Anyway, she asked me to join her, and I did. I started to drink my tea, but I got a little fright when I realized that there was some sort of wriggly creature beneath the smoky/frothy surface. I told the girl about it, and she told me that it was normal, and that I should just drink it, it was part of the tea.
So I did. But it turned out that the thing was actually an alien symbiote and that was how it took control of your body! Apparently it was a sexy symbiote... because the blonde then started fooling around with her friend who had shown up out of nowhere.
Is it weird that I'm putting this in a public forum? aww, who cares, it was a crazy cool dream.
I fought like Kirk against the evil alien symbiote...
and then out of nowhere it was snowing! Very bizarre, considering that just a few moments ago, I had been wearing no pants because I was too hot. Anyways, I realized, rather suddenly, that I had to catch the bus to the airport, or I would never make it back to Korea in time! It was going to be rough, because the bus was sliding around in the icy snowness of the New York winter that had suddenly happened. I got into a bus, which quickly had an accident. So I got into a cab... but the cab got into and accident too, so I got into a second one, and it finally got me to the airport. Luckily, the travel agent had apparently given me maps to everywhere I would have to go, including the terminals... I put down my bag to look, and then, incredibly, I was at the ticket counter when i looked back up. I love miracle dream maps.
For some reason, in my dreams, there are always a lot of ski lifts in dream airports. No idea why. But I usually get taken to my plane via a ski lift. weird? yes. anyway, that's the whole dream.
I had another crazy dream last night, thanks to pizza, but I can't remember it now. Too bad. I remember thinking it was a doozy.
I went into Provence the other night after work to get my recording stuff. Ee MeCha told me that I should "come back home" which was pretty sweet. I haven't been in there much in the last month or so... without the girl motivation to practice my Korean, I've been focussing a lot on other things. Not even anything, really, I just have wanted to be home lately. Rut. haha. I'm totally in a rut lately. Maybe I need to start going back there again just to get out of it. I definitely need to have a change of pace. most definitely. Too much home time lately, not enough of anything that even remotely resembles excitement.
Hopefully I get better in the next couple of days, because I got invited out to "Super Night" on Friday, for my first Korean night club experience, which I am told will be pretty memorable. I don't know what to wear, I'm all out of fop-wear, and glitter. I'm pretty sure that my normal bar-wear of "Snoopy and Linus T-shirt" will be out of the question...
Maybe I should go shopping. hahah.
Okay, I have to stop rambling right now. Goodnight everybody!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

*sigh* i knew it was inevitable...I've been reduced to "other" Vanessa...I need a different name. Can you think of a hip nickname for me?

in other news...I have some glitter for you - and bling, too! Unfortunately, I've lost my huge clock on a gold chain. too bad...

Matt said...

Wait... why do i need those things? Did we plan something and I forgot about it?
I mean... I totally misread what youhad on a gold chain the first time through... hahaha.

Matt said...

Oh wait, I reread...

yeah, glitter. good one.