Friday, July 06, 2007

weird barbecue cat girls

So, I am continuing to have very strange dreams.
I was telling Ee MeCha about this latest one, and she asked me if I had moved my bed recently. She said that there were different energies based on where your head was pointing... and that this could really affect your sleep. That's neat... I don't know how much I believe about different energies, but it makes sense that moving the bed would affect your dreams. There are different sounds, different spaces, different resonances when you move... you know? And if there was a field, magnetic or otherwise that affected a person, it would definitely be different if you moved the bed.
Now, let me take you on another bizarro subconcious journey...

I was at my parents' home. It was built into a sea wall. There was literally a huge tall wall, with a door, and inside was my parents' house. And on the other side of the wall, there was a beach. The beach rose right to the top of the wall, so that there was a cliff that was also the front of my parents' house. It was under the beach! strange, no?
Anyway, we're kicking around the house, and mom tells me to go out to ask if dad was done barbecuing. I go out, and across from this wall, on the other side of the driveway, is a huge rockface, and the top is covered with glowing red-hot rocks, and possibly lava. I call out to dad, and he steps out from behind some of these glowing rocks and tells me that it's almost ready, but he's not sure about the potatoes... and then he starts to step off from this high rock face! I was amazed to see him bounce down in his flip flops, like when you straighten your feet and slide down the stairs (assuming you have feet as big as mine). he bounced off the car, off the molten rocks, everything, and landed safely in front of me.
END OF PART ONE.
Then, I was in my room in the sea-wall house, but somehow it was an apartment payed for by Munhwa at the same time. In it was a bunch of old, out-of-date sound equiptment that they had furnished my apartment with. Old tape decks, a record player, ghetto microphones... a lot of crap I would never use.
I went to sleep.
When I woke up, there were two young girls with long black hair standing in my room, nude. They were both very very thin, and one had very nice smooth hair and a big dark tattoo on the back of her right leg, and the other had dry, frizzy hair (and no tattoo). They stood in my room and talked to me about all this shitty sound equipment, and we just laughed together at how useless it was to have four double tape-decks with no stereo to connect them to.
END OF PART TWO
Then, I awoke again. There was an electric keyboard in my bed with me! But, unfortunately, it was a crap keyboard too.
I got up, and noticed two kittens in my room under the desk. It was weird, but I left it alone.
Then I ran into mom, and she said she was leaving for the day soon. I said goodbye, and I went back to my room.
When I got there, it was filled with clothes hangers hanging from strings, and there were cats everywhere! I saw the kittens again, and one had a dark black mark on the back of it's right leg! I freaked out! Somehow, these cats were familiars of a witch who was spying on me!
I yelled to mom to wait for me, that I had to get out of the house, and I ran to the washroom to wash up. I grabbed the soap, and started to lather up, but something wasn't right... I looked down, and it wasn't soap, it was a sponge or something that was filled with this toothpaste-coloured paint! My hands were painted green, and I couldn't get it off!
My mom ran upstairs and yeleld at me that I was making her late, and I tried to explain about the paint and the cats and the doom, but she wasn't buying it.
Finally, we left, and got into our beaver-panelled big jeep-style SUV, and drove along the beach... I woke up just as we were trying to get into a parking lot by driving up a staircase that led to nowhere.
END OF PART THREE

So yeah, that's messed up. But how the hell do I remember so much detail? I'm not filling in the blanks here, people, I actually remember the feel of the paint being spread on my hands, and I remember (though I forgot to mention) the feel of the fur of the stray dogs on the beach behind the house. Anyway, I'm really enjoying my dreams lately, so I don't think I'm going to move my bed any time soon.

1 comment:

Goulash said...

The Japanese are split 50/50 on the direction of the head thing.
They believe when you die, your spirit goes north, so half of them say you should never sleep with your head pointing north or your spirit might be tempted to follow the dead spirits.
The other half say if you point your head north when you sleep, you will have a good rest because you are closer to your ancestor spirits & they will look after you.
Just a useless bit of info I thought you might find interesting.
Maybe you could ask your friend if Koreans have a similar belief.
:)