Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Christmas Eve 2007

On Christmas Eve, I ran some errands, went downtown to pick up my Secret Santa gift for VCR and get a transformer so we could hook up the Wii to power. I ran into Ee MeCha and joined her and SeungJong for lunch, which was good bibimbap, plus raw fish, which I ate first to get out of the way. Anyway, I got the Christmas gift, then went to E-Mart to get dinner for Vanessa and I (I made a roast and squash) and then headed to Gumho World for the transformer, but it was unfortunately closed, so bad luck for me.
Vanessa and I had a really nice Christmas Eve dinner. The roast was well received, and then we exchanged our big gifts. She got us a couple gift, a three day spa stay in Bali, at a really small little resort where I will be treated like a king, and shower outside. woohoo! She also took one of my favourite photos, which I have wanted to get printed and mounted for a long time, and cut it up and did this basket-weave thing with it, and it looks really good. I almost started crying when I saw it... it must have been a lot of work, and it is really creative and thoughtful. I gave her her big gift, a pair of diamond stud that I got while I was at home. They were also well-received. :)
After dinner, Vanessa and I got dressed up and headed to the Christmas Eve service at Jon and Emily's church. It was not what we were expecting, it was very small, maybe only twenty people or so, and it was a lot of singing! Vanessa managed to entertain herself pretty well with her candle (haha), and after the service we headed out to see the movie "August Rush", which I highly recommend. I spent about three quarters of the movie on the verge of tears. After that we headed to Provence, had some tea, and caught a few of the last songs of their night, mostly the usual highly emo fare of SeungJong.
It was a good day.

No comments: