Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Sleeping through stuff, unemployment suits me.

New Year's Eve was the night of Meena and Ashlee's big Martini party, which I was actually really excited about! I brought back a metal shaker specifically for the occasion, and even bought some vermouth. But around eight or so Vanessa and I decided to take a nap and next thing we knew it was eleven, and we were both groggy and grumpy and neither of us really felt like going to a party, so we blew it off, pretended it was midnight, wished eachother a happy new year and turned in for the night.
We woke up the next morning, played Mario party, and then cleaned for about four hours. I didn't think it would be possible to clean such a small apartment for such a long time, but two people living in one divided room take a long time to organize. Of course, the spilling of pop corn and sugar onto a wet floor doesn't help either. haha.
And now, Vanessa's back at work at her winter camp, and I am sitting around the apartment, doing some cleaning and going to the gym when she's done work, and otherwise just relaxing, well into my second month of three unemployed. It's fun.

No comments: