Saturday, February 18, 2006

I've got blisters on my fingers!!!!!

So, I didn't play guitar at all in Thailand. Now, I'm back, and I want to start playing again. I have been really lazy about it, and kind of nervous, because we're in an apartment, and I don't want people to get pissed at the volume.
So, I don't play very often, and now I feel like I am losing it. Which is really not good. I'm not writing much either too, and I feel pretty apathetic about it most of the time. I need a good kick in the ass to get going, which is what I am trying to give myself right now.
So, in the last two days, I have done nothing but scales with the metronome for a few horus to try to get my finger coordination back, and also to finally teach myself some scales, which I've never done before. Unfortunately, all that it did is give me a huge blister on my pinky finger! What is up with that?! So now I have to back off for a few days.
ALso, I haven't been singing much, which means that it's a bit of a struggle, and I have lost a lot of strength. But at least my piano is coming along well! In about two years, I should be able to play and sing at the same time, which beats me by about 3 years on the guitar.

In other news, Jessie is really sick. She is not coughing or anything, but she was up all night last night running to the bathroom with really bad nausea. I thought maybe food poisoning, but the only thing she ate that I didn't was some brie, and that seems unlikely as a cause. She was fine today, just really draggy, so we had another really lazy day, and mostly Jessie just slept.
I went to the grocery store, and I ran into my favourite frade three student. He wants to be a doctor. He is incredibly nice, and very outgoing and driven. I bet he can be a doctor if he wants to be. He said hello, and we chatted for a minute (translation, we went through the "Hello, how are you?" script) and I congratulated him on his graduation, and I was really happy to see that he actually understood what I had said! So that was great!

Well, that's all for now. I'm not tired, but Jessie has gone ahead to bed. I'm not worried about getting up early tomorrow (holidays) so I really have no reason to try to go to sleep if I'm not tired... oh man, this is going to be a long holiday with no plans! whoo!

No comments: