Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Kim Man-woo

So, today I had Man-woo's class.
The whole 45 minute lesson was on how to answer 5 questions about movies. They did not take to it too quickly. They couldn't understand the vocab, which was super frustrating, because they questions were, for example, "What is your favourite movie genre?" and last week the whole lesson had been on how movie genre and "kind of movie" were the same thing.
Anyways, no-one seemed to understand, and it was really frustrating. Then, out of nowhere, Kim Man-woo's hand shoots up.
He is beaming.
And waving his arm like a maniac.
"Yes, Man-woo, what is your favourite movie genre?"
"MTV!!!!!"
"Okay..."

Later, when I walked around to see how everyone was doing, I saw that he had filled in every blank on his sheet with "MTV" in huge block letters.

He actually came into the lab as I was writing this, and took over the computer to show me things on MTV Korea's website. He's pretty shocked that I don't know of any Korean pop stars.
My homework assignment for tonight is to learn the names of a few that he has written on the board. Every day, he comes in and writes Korean words on the board with english spellings, and then I struggle to write them in Korean. He always has to correct me, but he doesn't rub it in.

No comments: