Thursday, November 24, 2005

Random thoughts

The phys-ed teacher is an angry man. Very angry. He's always yelling about something. I think he has developed Rheumatism or something and just refuses to admit it, because he hobbles around like crazy.
He's the only one I've ever seen hit a student with the bamboo stick, although I know that it happens here more than I see. He's currently yelling into the microphone for the PA, holding it just too close, so that it distorts. He's angry again.

I'm going to a traditional Korean play today. I wasn't going to go, but in the end I decided it was the right thing to do, if the alternative was to sit in the school all afternoon with nothing to do. At least the costumes will ahve pretty colours.
Sure, I won't understand a thing, but it should still be fun. And, worst case scenario, it's totally boring, and I get to have a really sweet soundtrack to some illicit napping.

So Jessie and I are going on a tour with some Hagwon students on Saturday. It's a free trip, and the kid that I think looks like Harry Potter is coming. His english is really good, and he is bringing me a copy of a bootleg of "Brothers Grimm".
We'll be going to a temple where they do tea ceremonies, so we'll be learning about traditional Korean tea culture. That should be neat. And we'll have five Korean students each who will tell us about it in broken english! So, all in all, a sweet deal. Robert think s we are being taken advantage of, somehow, but I don't see it. He seems untrusting of a lot of stuff that seems pretty innocent to me.

No comments: