Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Best letter of apology ever.

On Friday, a student, who I call "Puma Man" because of his love of a bright red Puma hoodie, was about twenty-five minutes late for class, which is significant, because the classes are only 45 minutes long. So I told him to write me a letter of apology.

Here's what he wrote, word for word, line by line:

I think I'm a very rude student.
I didn't want to late your class, but I had a test
I have many plans in all day, I'm very busy and I have no time
study for the test. So I decided to absent your class.
but I couldn't because I love your class
It's very funny, interesting of your explaining
Everytime you explain somethings, you explain with acting
I can understand its meaning and feel that you're a good teacher
I've ever met.
I never late your class. I never absent your class.
I'll do the best in your class
You made a nickname 'puma man' to me
I was really amazing. No one (foreign teacher) had a mind on me.
I really appreciate about that
I'm very proud that I'm your student and you're my teacher
We'll not be able to mee after a month
All students will be graduated and leave from Munhwa Academy
I want to make great memory with you until the last time
and I'm really sorry...

So, that was really nice, I was expecting your run of the mill "I'm sorry, I'm ashamed, teacher please forgive me" stuff that is usually written for these things. I had to write it down here, so that I would not forget it.
Interestingly, he was absent today. Even though he said "I never absent your class." Probably something to do with a tense issue. haha.

In other news, here's a cute picture of Sam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a nice letter...so cute!

Vanessa said...

that pic of sam doesn't look real! either your head is abnormally large, or she shrunk. at any rate, it made me giggle.

ps - i wish my students were that good at english