Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Hair cut adventures

I just got back from the "Moa Line Hair" shop.
It's a fun place, where no-one has ever seen a sideburn before.
Not usually a problem, except that the last time I got a haircut (some months ago) they actually decimated my sideburns when I asked them to trim them. I mean, they were about 1/3 the desired length.
Today I thought it would be best to just avoid the whole issue and tell them not to even touch them at all.
Well, that was even more confusing. They were really irritated by the way that that left a little tuft of hair below what had been declared a short region. They must have checked with me about 17 times. "Are you sure? Is that really what you want?!" Or...i assume that's what they were saying.
So now the debate is... do I trim them, or do I leave them as their current and incredibly over-exaggerated selves? I mean, they really puff out.


So, this is me, now. The grease is not mine, fortunately.


I was feeling a little strange about it, but then I got mauled by a group of girls in a photo shop.
"Oh you are beautiful man!" "So good!"
Hahaha, oh, being white in Korea. It'll make any guy feel much much better about his appearance.
They were asking about my mom in the photos (Laurien) and my girlfriend (Brooke). When I explained that she was just a friend, they asked me is I was a "Man's man". hahaha. No, just single right now.

"Oh, just 'one'?"

"Yeah."

Young faces light up.

And there we are.

Good times.

1 comment:

Carol-Ann Murray said...

Don't change the 'burns!
Love 'em!
Carol