Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

So, I'm realizing that I'm goign through a little bit of a Madonna thing here, where I keep changing my appearance every few weeks. I didn't realize just how much until I started looking at the photos I have taken with the ole webcam since I got here. A little Narcissistic, I know, but hey, that's me. It's not so apparent in these photos... but in four months, I've gone from bearded to clean cut to mop-topped to clean cut and back to bearded.
Here we are, the passage of four months in pictures. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of me fresh off the plane with beard v1.0. It lasted for about two weeks, at which time I started to feel like a slob. I unfortunately thought that it was the beard, when it was in fact my hair, which was also longer than usual, and made me look like a bit of a youth minister, as Jessie described it. Combined with my newfound love of black oxfords, I was truly ready for some preaching and saving.
So here's me immediately following my first haircut in korea. A definite imrpovement over the mop I had been sporting before.
This is me at my most Canadian, in a turtle neck layered with a t-shirt after getting back from a photo walk. Long hair definitely showing that a toque has been worn in the recent past.
I had been planning on letting my hair return to unversity lengths (ie, braids/pony tail length), but I just couldn't handle it. I got the top cut, but left the sideburns, and you can read all about that further down.
The thought of shaving in the summer was starting to freak me out, because razor burn + humid 35 degree weather = ouch, so after the Munhwa vacation, I just stopped shaving. It's been a couple of weeks now, and I've had no negative comments at work about my appearance, so, the beard is a go. Here's the present look.

What's next? Maybe some sweet conical braziers and garters.

No comments: