Monday, January 01, 2007

Photo walk - December 31st, 2006

So, having finally attached a working lens to my camera, I was ready to take to the streets of Gwangju and capture some images of my life here in the big city. Or, at least, indulge my love of alleys a little.
I went with Ryan, a new friend that I have met here through Brooke at work... I believe he's been mentioned here before. He just got a camera for Christmas too, so we were both eager to get out and put them to some use.
And now I present... THE RESULTS! (click on the pictures for larger versions)


Okay, so here's a fitting one. Starting the photo walk with the walkway that I take to school almost every day. This treelined walkway runs next to a six or eight-laned street. immediately to the left of it is another walkway, which obscures the road almost completely when the trees have leaves.


I thought we woud follow my usual route, but Ryan suggested this alternate route to the river. I don't know that area too well, but when you have a motorbike (as Ryan does) you get more familiar with the less obvious routes. There's no pictures of us together, but take my word for it, we both have our cameras around our necks, and matching camera bags. VERY COOL.


Here's an old man on a bicycle. No story, just cool. Not as cool as matching camera bags though.


Here's Ryan reloading. yep... still cool.


Here's a cat on a roof.

No comments: