Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bawling

I just made a girl cry all class.
Here's what happened.
I was trying to get them to speak about restaurants.
"What makes a restaurant good? What makes a restaurant bad?" It was like pulling teeth. I've never had a class like this at Munhwa before.
There's a smart girl in the class who never speaks, so I called on her. She ignored me. I gave her a little tap on the head. She continued to ignore me, and decided instead to draw a tie onto her teddy-bear pencil case.
The obvious solution? Remove the distraction.
I took away the pencil case, and locked it in the drawer with all the rest of my confiscated stuff.
Then she started crying. She continued crying all class.
I told her not to worry she'd get it back tomorrow.
She left class and ran straight into the bathroom.
The funny thing? I don't feel bad at all. So rude! And like crying will make me just give it back, like she hadn't been rude. What a brat!

No comments: