Friday, April 13, 2007

Thanks for the sweet dating advice, guys.

I had the strangest day... work was WORK today, but Provence before and after made the day much more bearable.
Before work at Provence, I was given some advice to aid in "pursuits".
Here's what I need to do if I want to win over some of the young Korean ladies.

First:
They dig money, so I need to conspicuously count my wad at every opportunity, possibly dropping it on the floor as the subject fo interest passes.
Second:
Good looks. Well, I'm flashing the killer smile at every opportunity, so there's not really much more I can be doing here. If they don't like what they see, I'mma outta luck. I mena... I could shave... I guess...
Third:
I'm too happy. I was told I should be more broody. They suggested a black ensemble, and I added that a cigarette holder and a book on/by Kafka would add to the look. Much laughing ensued. Then they said "Seriously, stop dancing and wearing the red velour pants."
Fourth:
Most importantly, I must learn how to use dirty words well. I told them I could swear a blue streak in English, but this is not good enough.

Anyways, I demonstrated my ability to "sweep that grin" right off my face, which never fails to impress. Then I broke into laughter, as I always do. Luckily, they did too.
After work I went back over, and Ee MeCha and I had our usual language exchange. Except that instead of the planned hour, I was there for two and a half. She's funny! And we made fun of Korean men's love of stripes for a long time. It was divine.

Simple rules:
Only one plaid at a time.
If you wear a striped shirt, wear a plain tie.
If you wear a plain shirt, a striped tie is okay.
If you wear a striped shirt, avoid a striped pant.
Never, under any circumstance, wear several different stripes or plaids at once.

The same rules apply to floral patterns, except that you should never wear floral patterns, unless it's that cool shirt that you bought that time in Thailand.

I also have new code for things I don't like.

"That's stripe music."
"That's a stripe movie."
"That place is for stripes."

No comments: