Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Eighties Party - the day after

When I finally emerged from bed at ten am, I realized that I was not going to make it to Gwangju in time to meet the gang. I had a splitting headache, and the motel room looked like a murder scene. I'm not trying to be clever, it actually did.
You see, the copious amounts of red paint that I had applied to my Divo hat had never really dried. The room was covered with red streaks and hand prints. Including the white sheets. Thank God that the hotel did not require my passport number as did some others I have stayed in in the past. It was everywhere... the mirror, the toilet (interior), the bathtub, the TV, the keyboard and mouse, the bathroom faucets and mirrors. I figured I had probably fallen asleep with my contacts in, so after a few rather painful minutes of "looking for them", I saw the red paint all over the case, and found them in there, quite safe, but dry, because I had not put solution on them.
I drew myself a bath, which may not have been the best idea, because I was still a little drunk, and very exhausted.
I'm not saying this to brag, just being truthful. I'm actually pretty embarrassed, but what the hell, eh? Why keep it to myself? It's funny!
Another thing that I did in my lowered inhibition-state was ask this cute girl from the party out for lunch. She was online when I happened to sit at the computer, and I thought "This will be fun!". We had met a few times before at different parties, and she had always seemed really cool, and also has really great hair. haha.
Anyways, I packed up my gear, cleaned up as best I could, and headed out. I got one last chuckle at myself when I spotted huge red hand streaks on the elevator button panels.
So this girl and I, Vanessa Sweeney is her name, met for lunch at 12:30, and I immediately warned her that I was not going to be much for conversation.
At 6:00 (7:00?) we were still sitting in the same GimBap restaurant. We only left out of a want for coffee.
Then Holly's for a few hours more, and to her apartment after that for some music downloading/swapping.
I left at 11:00 for fear of missing the last bus to Gwangju. I didn't want to go, I'll be honest, it was the best day I had had in a really long time. We kept talking online all week, but I really thought that was the extent of it. Or would be...

No comments: