Saturday, February 03, 2007

Cafe Provence

So, I'm sitting in Cafe Provence right now. I think that this place will really save my sanity during this intensive period.
I just finished marking some stories. I have some planning to do, but I still have another hour before I have to go back to school, so I have lots to time to relax too.
Lee MiCha is playing one of the CDs that I gave her right now. I signed up for this online newspaper... I don't really enjoy it's politics too much, but the arts section is really good. They reviewed this guy, gave him top marks, I watched his video. He's an Irish folk musician. He's quite good. Anyways, it's just really cool that she likes it enough to play it in her shop. Not just for me either, I've come in at other times and heard it playing, times when she would not have been expecting me!
Anyways, a really cool thing happened the other day. She was asking me the other day what authors I liked, and since I haven't been reading much, I was stumped. I didn't feel like saying "Dan Brown", but I really just not been reading much else since my Dan Brown marathon last year.
Anyways... I searched, and I hoped to say something that she would have heard of so maybe we could chat about it. Anyways, I said "Leonard Cohen", because it seemed to fit with the place and her tastes that I knew (I read a book of his poems a few years ago) and, with no word of lie or exaggeration, reached behind her, grabbed the needle on her record player and began to play "The Best of Leonard Cohen", which was already on there.
Anyways... the coffee is good too, thank God! And if you order wine, you get free salami and cheese (and ritz sandwiches, which I am less excited about. haha).

Well, back to the grind... I've got some Friday games to make! Maybe a pizza after work... mmm... Bacon Cheddar Cheese... with garlic dipping sauce!

No comments: