Thursday, February 08, 2007

Worn out

I am feeling exceptionally worn out today... and yesterday too. Luckily, I'm in the midst of graduation week, so many kids are having strange schedule mix-ups, and it has meant that today and yesterday I did not have to come to school until 11:10, and tomorrow I don't have to come until 1:40. It's like the random holidays I used to get last year, just on a much much smaller scale!
It's raining today, and only about 7 degrees or so, which is a huge shock to my system after a week of +15 or higher weather with sunshine. I walked to school today, like I do every day, and I arrived feeling terrible. I was cold from the rain, but because of the humidity I had started to sweat... which locked me into this horrible cycle of being cool but sweating anyways... man, it sucked! I felt like a slob when I arrived... but it came after a really awesome morning at home.
I got to bed at around 11:00 or maybe a bit earlier last night. I set the alarm for 8:30, but of course I was up at 7:15, because Sam was outside my door meowing for her morning pat. I patted her and then tried to go back to bed, but she would not allow it, so I played with her for a while, which was great. I haven't had much time for her lately, because I have been working so much.
I also had my pizza last night, which I have been craving since last week... I ate more than half though, which was too much, and I spent the rest of the night sprawled out going "oooooOOOOooooog."
I bet so much pizza is probably playing a role in my being so worn out today. oh well... it was delicious.
I have four more classes today... I was really cranky in my last one yesterday. My body was screaming at me that I should be at home by that point. It did not want to be teaching. Not that I was doing much... I gave them a creative assignment, so i pretty much only did something when they had a question or when I spotted that they had a problem. There was also some yelling... there's a girl who always plays video games on her cell phone. I caught her again last night. She insisted she was using the dictionary in it, and when I told her that most dictionaries don't show explosions and have sound effects, she insisted that I hadn't seen or heard what I thought that I had. I got really angry, because she would not give me her cell phone, and my usual policy is to keep them until the next class.
So, minus 20. Or at least that's what I said. Truth was that she just got a 2/10 participation mark for the day, because aside from playing the game, I didn't see her do too much for her groups assignment.
anyways... venting.
I should go. I need to be NOT angry when the classes start up again.

No comments: