Friday, May 19, 2006

Some more pictures

Well, here's our living room. It's really taken shape as a living area in the last couple weeks, because I finally bought some simple art to put up in it when I went to Art Street in Gwangju with the Coxes. Then, randomly Jayhee Ryu gave me two paintings that she had done when I congratulated her on winning a prize at the art fair at the Wangin festival. They're up too.
Here's two of the paintings that I bought on Art Street. They were only 15000 won each, or about $18. They're obviously very quickly done, but perfect for spicing up our drab walls.
Hanging opposite to the painting is this little guitar that I bought in Thailand. It was about $60, which is pretty nice. It doesn't play too well, but it's worth it just for the beautiful thing hanging on my wall, and the stories of carrying it back on the plane. That was tough, and the strings kept stabbing my legs!
Here's little UB. UB stands for underbite. The dog has a huge underbite. In spite of this, we tried to take her in. Seriously though, she is very friendly. She is the only dog that will walk up to us on the street and turn over to have her belly rubbed. We thought she was stray, because her collar disappeared. But she has a house, which is good, but bad, because it means that we would have to steal her to adopt her.
Here we are during the Mokpo Miracle, which can be seenin the top right corner. The fact that I had to point it out MIGHT make it less of a miracle, but let's just pretend that it's majesty could not be captured by conventional photography. This is a great picture! I actually never saw it until I posted it, and now I must say, it is great. We are happy people!

No comments: