Tuesday, May 16, 2006

trapped?

So, it sounds as though I may be trapped here.
I am planning on signing a contract with another area and staying for one more year. Unfortunately, the school board seems dead set on me staying here for the remainder of my contract, even though I will be on vacation for the four weeks prior to my contract ending. If I take a vacation home after that, I will be too late to complete a one-year contract before returning home for teacher's college, which is the current plan.
So, maybe I am trapped. I guess that if I can't go home, I'll just take the money for my tickets and use it to go home at some other time over the year, maybe in January. But I don't want to go home in January... I want to go home in August. They're pretty far apart.
I guess I have to be adult about the whole thing and realize that it may be better to not go home.
I had plans for August.
Gah!

No comments: