Friday, June 02, 2006

The drunkest of the drunk

No, I'm not talking about me.

Last Sunday (I can't believe Ikept forgetting to write about this...) I went to Mokpo. Basically I went just to get a bodum coffee maker, which I had neglected to buy for unknown reasons on Saturday.

At any rate, I took the bus home. I was early, so I got a nice seat near the front and settled in for the ride.

After about ten minutes of waiting, this late-middle aged couple gets on.

The smell of booze wafts back.

It's around 4 pm.

It was pretty uneventful for the first few minutes, and then they got loud. At first I thought the were fighting, because they kept yelling in short bursts. But then he put his arm around her and moved in to kiss her.

Oh cute, I thought. That's just great.

Then they got loud again. Really loud. They were yelling at eachother, I don't know what. They got louder and louder, and eventually they started swinging at eachother.

They kept yelling at eachother, and eventually, some people on the bus started yelling at them. At one point, a guy got up and asked to be let off at the next stop. Then he stood at the front and gave the couple some choice words. The gist of it was clear, even though I did not understand a single word: "You're loud and annoying and I'm going to wait for the next bus so I don't have to deal with your crap."
The lady yelled back at him, pretty angrily, and must have said something pretty horrible, because he started to looklike he was ready to hit her! So much so that her husband stood up and got ready to hit him!
Holy crap, I thought that there was going to be a fight on the bus! Craziness!
The guy (who was getting off the bus) was saved by his friend as he stepped between them.
The bus driver let everybody off (I stayed on, and just turned my iPod up).
The bus driver later pulled over and threatened to kick them out a few times. They got a little violent a few times, which was really horrible, especially because I was in the seat behind them, and I didn't know what to do.

Well, that's all for now.

No comments: