Tuesday, June 20, 2006

teasing

I just had class 1-3 at the girls' school.
In the last few weeks, they have gone from one of my hardest classes (in terms of discipline) to one of my favourites. The change has been mostly in my attitude. I figured that I can be all hard-assed about what's going on, or I can mess around with them and at least get them talking.
Since I'm just showing movies right now, my messing around has been limited, but both this week and last week I managed to convince them that they were having a vowel test, and then finally to convince them that because they were good they could watch a movie instead.
Then I made fun of them when they groaned because the bugs that the oompaloompas ate were disgusting, and just said "Bondaeggi" over and over again, which is their name for silkworm larvae, which they eat like popcorn here.
I think that I am lucky that they will be my last class at the girls' school, because I will probably not feel like teaching after I say goodbye to them.

I think I'm going to try to convince the "Other Coteacher" to tell them they have a test next week, so that they study. Then, they will show up next week, and I'll just say "Hey! What? Huh? Vowel test? hmm.. hey! What's gonig on? No test! Movie! You're crazy!"

Speaking of the other coteacher, here's the latest gem to happen as I was leaving class just now:
I want to you your Canada address. Yes? I give you address, write me in home country.

No comments: