Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Meeting

So I have a meeting with my university contact on Saturday about the camp this summer. It was postponed from last Friday night, because even though I had told him multiple times that if I came on a Friday it would be for a Friday evening meeting (because even though I didn't work on Friday afternoons, I would have to travel from Yeongam to Seoul, and from Seoul to Bucheon), he cancelled at the last moment and asked me if I could move the meeting to Saturday. I didn't feel like spending the whole weekend in Seoul, so I said no, and it was moved to Saturday of this week.
So that means that I would have to go on Friday night. If I have to go the night before, I would like to arrive in the evening so that I can do something before bed. Since I don't work on Friday afternoons, it's no problem. If only it were that simple.
Today, after making all of my plans, I arrived to find a notice on my desk that I have a meeting from three until five on Friday.

GAH!

Come on people! If you are going to call a meeting, which you have probably known about for weeks, could you at least give me more than two days notice if it is on a Friday? I don't work Friday afternoons! Now you're runing my Friday night!

Okay, that's ridiculous, I know. I technically should be at work until five anyways. I wouldn't even care except for the fact that I had made plans, and now I have to change everything. I hate the fact that things like this happen last minute so often.

I'm not really that angry, I just have to meet my weekly rant quota.

No comments: