Tuesday, June 20, 2006

tidbits

So, a few weeks ago, the guy who loves me popped in to my boys' school grade one class. He was just walking down the hall with a bunch of his cronies, and I knew what was coming.
Over the movie that was playing for my class, he yelled "Matthew, so handsome!". The class erupted.
Well, great.
I went into damage control mode. If he came in, he would undoubtedly start raving about me to the class in Korean, with me standing there all awkward and embarassed. Having no idea what was being said, I would have no choice but to stand there and wait for him to run out of steam. I wasn't too into that.
I met him in the doorway, blocked his entry, and worked him back into the hall. Unfortunately, he just did exactly what I expected him to do loud enough so that the class could hear form the hall. Oh yeah, and there was hugging.
I mean, my God man! I'm trying to run a class, and you can't even control yourself. This is beyond trying to be nice, you've become this awkward nuisance that I have to tiptoe around for fear of becoming entangled in a fifteen minute love-fest.
Ugh!

And then there's Mr Lee. He's become strangely distant and non-communicative lately, and I don't know why. This means that I'm even MORE bored at the girls' school between classes, which I had thought was not even possible. He's another person that I feel like I have to tiptoe around lately... mainly about summer work. When I was talking to him about it before, I got the impression that he did not want me to take any, because he wanted me around to help him with his big presentation. Which is really unfair, because I might help him for an hour or two, but it will cost me a ton of money! I'm really nervous about bringing it up, because I get the feeling that he might "suggest" to the administration that it would be better for the "town" if I were not allowed to do this extra camp. Of course, I have nothing to base this on, I've just become paranoid because of this vibe he's been giving off lately. And it's not that I don't want to help him, because of course I will when I am available.

And then there was my weekly lunch with the "other coteacher" which just ended. The climax was a discussion about my teacher beeza, which only when spelt out to me "Bee - Aye - Essuh - Ay" I realized that my ENGLISH coteacher was trying to ask me about my teacher visa. Luckily (because I'm lacking information in this regard) he informed me that I would have to get new beeza in home country before I returned to home country in home country. What great advice!

We're also trying to phase out our visits with the Ryus. I love going to see them, but the timing of it is horrible. I think we may have to cancel it until school is over. It's just such an ordeal for the both of us to unwind at the end of the day (Jessie needs a good three hours just to decompress after wading through a school thick with stupidity and incompetence all day), and the visit cust it in half, and I find that neither of us really feels like going to bed after, even though "it's time".

That's all for now!

No comments: