Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Movies, PSPs, Haircuts

So, I'm showing movies again. I'm regretting it a bit now, because I am bored. And now, with the various classes that are being cancelled and/or ... well, just cancelled, I guess... I only have time for one lesson after the movies are finished. I can't just stop now either, because I have already shown each the class the first part of a movie. So I have two weeks now of nothing but showing movies.
For all my complaining about felling useless, I have now reduced myself to a mere "play-button pusher".

But I still think they should pay attention. Which is why I confiscated the snazzy PSP from one of my students. There will be follow-up questions, so they should pay attention.
I used to take stuff away and then return it at the end of class. It wasn't much of a deterrent. Now, I confiscate for the half day. Before lunch, you lose it for all of the lunch period. After lunch, you lose it until 4:15. Sure, the kids forget to collect their stuff, but that's what coteachers are for.

He just came and tried to get it. Fat chance, kid. It's only 1:05.

The kid has racing stripes shaved into the hair just above his forehead. It looks pretty cool, and by that I mean ridiculous. The phys-ed teacher just lectured him on proper student appearance, and was making some threatening gestures with the scissors, I think meaning he would even them out for free. yikes.

That's all for now.

No comments: