Friday, July 28, 2006

Bored

SO this is my last night alone in Yeongam before Jessie comes back from camp. The first two days weren't too bad, because I had things to do, but today and yesterday were brutal.

Everything's pretty much wrapped up. I have a job lined up, my work is done here, I'm almost packed... everything's just winding down. SO two days in Yeongam is a long time when it is too sweltering hot to go outside.

I ate a lot of wheat thins and cream cheese today. Man, I am bored.

I took a walk tonight, once it cooled down a bit. I heard explosions, so I left my usual route to see what was going on. I was very curious about it, but I never found exactly what was causing the sounds. I got close, but I was afraid to really go see what was burning, in case it blew me up with it. I just got close enough to say "Oh, it's a huge fire", and then gave up.

There's this series of commercials running for a brand of fruit juice.There's this girl, kind of dancing around and music is playing, and she is surrounded by huge bottles of juice. In the first commercial, she picked up a tomato and bit right into it, and they digitally added droplets of tomato juice dribbling down her chin and squirting out. That was a little sick... now they have a series with her biting into a grapefruit. It would be bitter enough right there, but she bites into it still peeled. That's right, a super-bitter grapefruit peel bite.

Disgusting.

There's another series of juice ads with people making the sickest gulping and swallowing noises. It sounds like gagging... but somehow these ads make people want to go out and buy juice, so more power to them, I guess.

No comments: