Tuesday, July 11, 2006

cancellation

So, my last class with class 1-1 was cancelled, which really sucks.

I mean, it's good in the way that mean, it's good because it means that maybe I will not run out of candy, but it's bad because I don't get to say goodbye to them. And I like giving them candy, as creepy as that may be.

Mr Lee told me that there was no class (only after I asked him) and I said it was too bad, because I wanted to say goodbye to them. Then he said "Yes, I understand that you are very sad." and turned on his heel and walked out of the room.

I laughed right out loud. It was hilarious, but I realize that you probably had to be there.

At ten, Mr Hyun walks in to tell me that he has a meeting at ten, so he will not be in class with me in second period.

So, thanks for the hot tip. You will not be in the class that is cancelled, and you are coming into an empty classroom five minutes after class should have started to tell me.
The man is infuriating. No faking nice because it is the last day. The man would be fired if he worked anywhere but Korea, I am sure. I'm pretty sure that he has erased all the progress that I made with students last semester. The grade twos have reverted to saying hello to me in Korean, thank you very much.

Class 3-3 was brutal as usual, until I started the game, as usual. These girls are probably the brightest bunch, but it is like pulling teeth to get them to look at me even. Pull out a bag of candy though, and they are all about participation. It's a little insulting, but that's fine.

That's all I have to say about that.

No comments: