Monday, July 10, 2006

dogs

So, I'm definitely going to bring a dog back to Korea when I come.
I am shopping around in different adoption and rescue sites online right now, and I'm getting pretty excited at the choices.
I'm getting a little worried about what exactly I will do with it when I return to school, but I think I will have no problems, because I adapt pretty well to working new things into my life, and I never really seem to notice the difference.
I'm also worried about trying to find a job with a pet-friendly apartment, which may be a challenge. I keep reading all of these horror stories online about people who get a pet and bring it with them and then have to give it up because they did not inquire about the pet-friendliness of their accomodations. So I'm going to have to be really careful about that.
I'm pretty excited about one dog in particular right now, a "Giant Schnoodle", a cross between a giant schnauzer and a standard poodle. I told mom about her and she went to visit her on the weekend and check her out. She says that she is friendly, but likes to jump. She is being trained right now, which is good, and she's already 15 months, so she's how she will be, but still trainable. Problem is, if I want her I have to commit to her now, because they cannot hold her until I return. And then she will have to board at a kennel until I get back, but the good thing is that she will get more training at the kennel.
Here's a pic:
Is this meant to be? She seems pretty great, and my mom's e-mail about her was practically shooting enthusiasm right off the screen, and she seems totally in love with this pooch. After one visit.

It needs some consideration...

No comments: