Thursday, October 20, 2005

Festival

There are boys in the next room practicing a play for festival next week.

I asked them if it was for festival, and one guy said "extra", and patted himself on his chest. I'm not sure what that means, but I think that the most likely explanation is that they don't know the word "festival".

I also don't know if he means that he is an extra in the play, because right after that he said "Actor, great actor" and pointed at another guy. So is he a bad actor then? Is he an extra in the play, or is the play and extra-curricular activity?

Such are the tiny mysteries that prevent me from getting enough sleep.

Good news:
I finally got paid by the MNR, or, more accurately, the pay they gave me FINALLY went into the right bank account. Take that, repo man! So long, credit card debt!
I also got my statement for the month's business trips. When I travel to other schools, which I do three days a week, I get a whopping 10 000 won a trip. That's almost $200 extra for the month's pay going in on Wednesday.

The weather here was crazy today. It was so foggy out that I was wet when I got ot school even though there was NO rain. And COLD! I could see my breath. But now, it's so warm, I'll wind up carrying my sweater home.

Still waiting on song suggestions for festival. Send 'em on over.

No comments: