Wednesday, October 12, 2005

MORE Pictures













This is Jessie and I with her coteacher and her family. Her little boys are insane, and they run around like crazy. When she can see Jessie and I exchanging "Can you believe this?" looks, she just says "They're crazy!". This is from the day that we climbed Mount Yudal in Mokpo.













This is Jessie and me at the changing of the guard at the Royal Palace Museum in Seoul. Note the totally taped on moustache. This was on Chusok, so everyone was in traditional garb, because then admission was free. Somehow, we got in free too!










This picture is also from the National Palace Museum in Seoul. On the right is the outer perimeter of the palace, and inside were dozens of buildings.

As I was saying, everyone was in their traditional clothing for the weekend. Jessie took this picture (as with most of them!), and it is awesome. All the little kids were dressed like this, and it was beautiful.















On the left is Haeyoon, and on the right, her friend from Japan. This is the student I ran into from my English conversation group at Queen's! One of three Koreans I knew before coming here. I was glad I ran into her, she is one of the nicest people I have ever met, and one of the reasons why I chose to come here anyways!






This little sculpture was given to us by a couple of students from the girls' school where I teach. They brought this before I ever even taught there! I guess that was a good sign. They knocked on our door, laughed like crazy, and asked us for our address and signature (I think it was for a scavenger hunt), and then came back about fifteen minutes later with this for us. It's still in good shape, on a shelf in the living room.






This is one of our hamsters. It is the nicer of the two, and the only one that will let us pick him/her up (I don't care to examine... it's weird I know...). They fight all the time. Maybe we'll buy a fish tank to keep them in, so they have more room to not be in eachothers' faces all the time. But isn't it cute? Holy crap! I love it!




More pictures will come later, and there are more if you scroll down. I've been prolific, so scroll down and don't miss anything! And look at the pictures! You can click on them to see them bigger!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to have a traditional costume just like that when I was little!
(this is Sarah's friend Hannah, btw- we met once when I was visiting Queen's just before last Christmas)