Monday, October 31, 2005

Redemption! (Happy Hallowe'en!)

So, Korea is once again in the good books.

Good work, Korea.

Today was a really good day. Really good. Stunning. I was at the girls' school. My classes were good, but not great. The lessons were not quite as smooth as planned, but I thought of a brilliant way to get everything back on track next week.
I had my first real nap at school. I felt I had to, just to fit in. Everyone else was doing it. And for some reason, last night, I actually set the goal of staying up to midnight. Why? Because I am an idiot. I'm not sure why.
I also found out that I have a random holiday tomorrow. Just because. The girls have another festival, and I have no classes as a result of it. Excellent. Another whole day of watching MacGyver.
My teacher's workshop was great. It went really quickly, and what I prepared turned out to be useless, but we made plans for next week's session to be out on Wolchu mountain, and one of the is taking me out to lunch before hand, which is a pretty neat perk. It'll be fun to have our class outside, just walking around. It's fun, and low pressure, because they'll learn more just talking than through anything I can plan.
Anyways, on the ride home, my coteacher told me that he and the other english teacher and the vice-principal had been talking about my "technique" and decided I was the best foreign teacher they have ever had. That was quite a boost!
Jessie and I had pizza tonight. That's nothing new, we are now experts at ordering "pepperoni, no corn". I ran into some students on the way, and they were really loud as per usual, but they were really nice. We met at the pizza place, which was really nice. Somehow, meeting Jessie as she got off the bus at a pizza place made the town seem so much more like home, and so much more comfortable.
We put our Jack-o-lantern out on the front steps of our apartment building with a short blurb that Jessie prepared about Hallowe'en and her coteacher translated. It has gone over pretty well, and some kids who read the blurb actually brought us a whole box of candy! It was pretty unexpected, and really brightened my day, and Jessie's too, I expect!
That's all for now. Some pictures will come up in about half an hour.
Happy Hallowe'en everyone!

No comments: