Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Bogus Meetings

Today, I have a bogus meeting.
Jessie and I have been asking to meet to discuss our student camps for a few weeks now. Why meet to discuss the camps? Mainly because we have no idea on who we are teaching, what the expectation are, what is involved...
So, we finally have a meeting today at 3pm. Which is not so good, because teacher camp start for Jessie next week, so she has very little time to plan for her student camp in two weeks. I'll have a few days to plan. But most of the planning will be done on the train... to Seoul.
Anyways, we found out that our coteachers, who will not be at camp with us, will be coming to the meeting. Why? No-one knew for sure, and until yesterday, no-one would even admit that it was weird for them to attend a meeting regarding something that they were not involved in... not that I worded it like that when I said it.
Well, yesterday, Mr Lee told me that my coteachers were coming because they are supposed to be giving suggestions on how to improve the english program.
I'm a little worried, because I am afriad that in spite of the fact that I asked on a very regular basis what they thought of what I was doing, and how they thought I might improve my classes, that those suggestions will come out for the first time in a meeting with the program supervisor.
I'm nervous about it. I'm also scared that they will say I'm perfect, because I think I need some constructive feedback.
Well, that's all for now.

No comments: