Monday, December 12, 2005

The December album comes out.

Everybody! Listen up.
Put on your boots, a toque, a parka if you have one, get in your car, and go buy "Love is Hell" by Ryan Adams.
For two years now, this album has defined December. The mood is absolutely right for the weather, and I have a permanent image of falling snow in my eyes as I listen to it.
There is large corn snow falling right now, making me hope and pray for another snow day tomorrow, which actually seems very very possible. The corn snow made me think of the album, which made me think of gently falling corn snow illuminated by my headlights driving down a long winter road. And more.
I am so blissful right now.

I also just received the following e-mail from a student. Which student? You got me. I teach about 600 of them and only know about 7 names.

Hello,
How have you been?
I was happy to learn English with you in this period.
Today we have a final test, so we will finish earlier than other day.
I can't enter your class. I am sorry to say that.
I think maybe today's class is final.
We will meet next year. I hope you will enjoy Chrismas and happy New year.

I am looking forward to seeing you next year.

Bye bye 2005.12.12


The student's name roughly translates to CheungIm Cheung. No idea whatsoever. Sorry kid. I can't read your name tags. They're IN KOREAN. Thanks for the e-mail though. Odds are, I enjoyed teaching you too. You seem nice.

No comments: