Thursday, December 15, 2005

A little notice is all that I ask

I found out TODAY that I only have one week of classes left.
Which would be fine, if I had not been banking on having two weeks of class left. I was lazy about my lessons today, and just did more describing, because I was under the impression that I had two weeks left! I had one week for the tie-together lesson, and one week for a fun/prize lesson.
Sadly, that is not the case.
Also, last week, I was told that I would not have grade one or two classes this week.
Well, the bell rang for fourth period today, and I was told "Oh, it's time to go to class!"

Wait, I was under the impression that I had no grade ones or twos this week. This is a grade two class!

"No, just no grade ones or twos yesterday!"

But you said...

"Yesterday. Let's go!"

I am forced to assume that she assumed I had a lesson ready.

Nope.

I had some pictures on a CD, so we looked at them. And when they said something that surprised me, they got a candy.

Really, that's a great conversation lesson right there. For real. I'm just lucky that I had some pictures, the computer was working (rare) and that I didn't panic. But it could have been better!

Today is Thursday, which means that it is time for my weekly meeting with Mrs Lee to trade Korean/English tutoring, but really for her to tell me untrue things about my contract and for me to correct her, and for her to tell me things about Jessie's job and what she is expected to do that I have no business commenting on, and that I have repeatedly told her that she should really speak to Jessie about, and she never does. That was a run-on sentence.
Anyways, SukGyeong asked me if I was going to meet her. I said "I assume so, I have been e-mailing her about camp, and she hasn't said that she was busy or anything."
I really should know better. SukGyeong insisted that I should call her, and I was informed that she would be leaving for a business trip shortly. Nevermind that we meet at the same time every week. Never mind that I sent her an angry e-mail after she missed our meeting for the third time two weeks ago. Nevermind that her response was that she would always let me know if she had to cancel so I didn't waste my time walking out there.
I'm just so angry, because I complained about it, and the response I got from SukGyeong was "She is very busy, so it is your job to call her".
But I'm not the one who is cancelling. It should be the job of the person who is changing plans to contact someone to let them know that changes are being made. I shouldn't ahve to call and ask "So that thing we agreed to before is still what is happening? I mean, I assume it is, because I haven't heard anything to the contrary, but as the participant who has changed nothing, I feel it is my responsibility to find out if maybe you wanted to make a change."
What the hell?
Anyways, they are kind of insignificant examples, but it's pretty much constant around here that things will change and that you will not be notified. By the way, you will now have twice as many classes today and none tomorrow. By the way, your out of control class will have to be handled next week without your coteacher to do discipline, even though it is apparently illegal.
Anyways... I'm on a rant, and feeling a little bitter right now.

But our hamster is still incredibly cute! (There we go... back to the happy place)

No comments: