Friday, December 02, 2005

Sensory Overload.

I really feel bad for our hamster.
All day, it sleeps. It is in a blissful state of peaceful calm.
And then I come home.
The first thing I usually do is plug my iPod into the speakers and crank it.
Then, I pop something into the microwave for a snack (like a melted chocolate bar to eat with bananas, or some ramien). So, the microwave is beeping.
Then I start the kettle to make some tea or coffee. So there's some whirring and buzzing from the kettle.
Then I usually start to sing along with whatever is on the iPod. Sometimes, I just sing, indifferent to what is on the iPod.
Then, the TV goes on on the way to turn off them iPod.
Then, the computer turns on, and the laptop fans start whirring, and the clicking of typing begins.
This will usually last about half an hour, until Jessie gets home.
Then she repeats everything but the music on the iPod.

That poor, poor hamster.

No comments: