Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Annoyance, irritation.

So, the best thing ever happened last week, and I can not believe that I have not written about it.
Okay, it's not the BEST thing that ever happened to me, but it was pretty good.
So, last Tuesday my OTHER coteacher (link) was sick. Not a big deal, he usually does discipline anyways, so he would not be missed too much. ANd plus, the week before they had been horrible, and he had yelled at them, which usually guarantees me two or three weeks of good behaviour.
Anyways, about ten minutes they started asking me "Hyun sansanghim where?".
I said "He's not at school today, he is sick. He is absent today."
They cheered like crazy.
I said "Hey hey hey, that's not nice. Don't be rude!"
But I couldn't resist. "Why are you so happy? He is sick!"
They all said "No like, no like!"
Then one of them started rooting around in her bag, pulled out a pocket dictionary and started punching the keys. She called me over and said "Hyun sansanghim is..." and pointed at the screen.
It said (under some Korean) "Annoyance, irritation."

I could not help it, and I burst out laughing. Seriously, when a barely communicative student tells you that the teacher who annoys the hell out of you is an annoyance/irritation, you will laugh.
I took a second to recover, but finally I did. Well, I stopped laughing anyways. I could not stop beaming like an idiot though. Ear to ear.

No comments: