Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The other coteacher strikes again!

On my way to the office after that horrible class, it took me about five minutes to communicate to my coteacher that the class was bad, and that he needs to come do discipline for me.
"The class was very bad today, I need your help with discipline next time."
"Yes, next time, I class. Right now, I teach?"
"No, next week, the grade one class, period six. I need your help."
"I teach grade now? You help?"
"No, I need your help in my class. Grade one, class three, period six"
"Oh, yeah, sorry. Busy work in office."

MAN!

He just came into the office and asked for my help with the microphone, which he said had "high echo". That's nothign new, it's a pretty common problem for Koreans to crank the reverb to eleven on everything. And for a man reading into a microphone with an already indiscernable accent, it can't help.
Anyways, he takes me to the english lab, where I assume that the mic controls will be in english (thus, I can help). But no, they're in Korean. Then, the guy says "Listen echo" and goes "Tuh Tuh tuh tuh" in the exact time of the echo! How am I supposed to tell how much echo there is if he is his own echo? Then, I start fiddling with knobs, and he's telling me that's wrong, but what does he expect, IT'S IN KOREAN. If you don't know, you try and fail, and know for next time. But that's a foreign concept.
Gah! What does he expect? First of all, it takes me five hours to figure out what he is complaining about, and then another to communicate back to him. And why is there reverb on the mic in the english lab anyways? It's not a Karaoke bar, you don't need to sound good. You need to sound accurate!
No wonder these kids are unable to have a conversation with me.

"How are you today?"
"I am fine-ine-ine-ine..."
"Do you want to play a game?"
"I like games-ames-ames..."

No comments: