Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I am a big jerk

So, I was in the english lab, trying to escape the extreme heat of the staff room, which was at about 28 degrees.
Some students started pouring in.
"Do you have a class here?" I asked.
"No. Yes. Wait... five!" and one ran away.
Then he came back.
"Class, teacher say 'GO!'" he said, as he waved his whole arm, straightened, out to one side.
"Your teacher sent you here?" I asked.
"Yes. He said study."
"He said 'GO!'" I asked, imitating his angry-looking arm gesture.
"Yes" the student said.
"Was he angry?" I asked.
"Angry?... yes, angry." said the student.

"Well then, you should be quiet, because this is probably punishment. No talking, just study quietly."

There were some protests, and I loudly hushed anyone who talked, and drew out the big "HEY!" when necessary.

Then my coteacher's fill-in came in. I said "Oh, you have a class here?"
He said "Yes."
I said "Oh no! I thought these students were in trouble! They said you were angry!"
"No, this is my special english class for beginners. I'm trying to help them catch up."

So yeah, I am a big jerk.

No comments: