Sunday, April 02, 2006

After the okori, I walk up a hill. As I crest the hill, I get this view of the city and the mountains. This part of the city is all old-fashioned houses, and no apartments, so it is a neat view.
A little farther up the street, to my left, I get a view of a temple coming up over an abandoned lot, between buildings.
After I round the corner, I can see the temple head on. There's currently some construction, which is a neat things to see. A temple, under construction. There's also minivans, which is weird.
Here's an old ajuma. I was trying to capture the hugeness of her visor, but unfortunately it doesn't show well here. Old ladies wear these huge welding visors 24/7. It's like someone saw an accountant's visor and thought "Why can't this cover an entire face?". Luckily Data never wore one of these when playing poker with Worf. He definitely would have gotten punched right in the face, and probably made Geordie jealous.
Here's the old "Ka Senta". Well, that's what the locals call it, but I call it the car wash. You can see the two jindo dogs tied up here. They're tied there on three foot lengths all day every day. Which makes me even angrier when I read horrible articles in "The Korea Times" like this one (Chindo Dog Article). I was so angry that I wanted to punch everything, including grape juice, and I like grape juice (but I love grape punch).
Here's the road. In the distance, you can see the elementary school where I teach. It is the freakish building directly behind the car. Why is it that shape? I blame acid.
Here's some fields behind the boys' school. This is a good example of the terrain I traverse on most of my walks. I love fields (Sally Field excepted).
Here's the river that runs through the city, and behind the boys' school. Pretty sweet, no? There are often very cool birds in here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice little travelogue Matt. It gives us an idea of what we're coming to. Glad to see spring is taking hold. It's trying to here but there's alot of snow to melt through first. See you soon!
Jackie