Thursday, April 13, 2006

Listening test

Right now, my grade twos are taking a country-wide listening test that is broadcast over the radio.
Now, for kids who just last period took out and opened their notebooks when I told them to look for words in their textbook, I am a little worried.
I listened to a bit of it, and they may be in trouble. The English was over-enunciated, but I think it is still a little too fast for them. It made me feel good about what I taught last year (describing), because the first couple questions were descriptions of animals and they had to decide what animal it was.
And of course, there's another test disrupting my usual teaching schedule. I don't think that I will ever have a regular week here. Just one week, where I teach all of my classes, where I can operate according to my plan.
I'm kind of (morbidly) excited to see how they do with it. I can't imagine it will be too well, the test seems way above the level of most of them.
If I find out, you'll find out.
I'm also curious to know how Jessie's school will do. Will they reclaim their position as the lowest-level of english students in the province? Or will they be eclipsed by a new champion?!

No comments: