Monday, March 06, 2006

Bored

Sick days suck.
I've played my gameboy.
I've read a bit.
I did the dishes.
I went on eslcafe, and played Kingdom of Loathing.
I watched the oscars.

I'm debating now whether to go to piano or not today. I don't think it will be too professional to call in sick to work and then go to a piano lesson. But I think mypiano teacher was a little peeved when I called in on Friday to tell her that I would bemissing that lesson too... my fifth missed of five that week.

Monday? Sarah, Rodrigo and Shona were coming for dinner.
Tuesday? Hungover (see previous)
Wednesday? Went, but was reminded on encountering locked doors that March 1st is a national holiday here.
Thursday? Had a headache from the damned boys, it would not have been good.
Friday? Was going to Kwangju to play that night, wanted to get place clean, everything otherwise wrapped up beforehand. Opted out.

On Friday when I called to tell her I was too busy (I legitimately was though), she said "Otukae!", which when pronounced properly, is equivalent to saying "Oh my God!" in an exasperated way. I think that only way to fix this and still miss tonight is to use the word "maiu", meaning very, before "apayo", meaning sick.
Sucks, because I kind of want to go, but I just don't think it would be good, especially because MinAhn has dropped by before after school when I was not feeling well.

So, I'm bored, worried, and convalescing. And the worst part is that there is no MacGyver on. I mean, throw me a bone Korea. I just sat throughfour hours of Korean babbling over Jon Stewart at the Oscars.

You made me sick, the least you could do is give me a MacGyver marathon. I need my Richard Dean fix.

No comments: