Thursday, March 23, 2006

Foreigner Belt

Last night Jessie and I took a walk around Yeongam. I actually cancelled my piano lesson (I told here I was busy with school stuff) so that we could do it.
It was really nice yesterday. The temperature actually reached about 18 degrees, and it was sunny for most of the day, but it got cloudy later on. We walked out behind our building through the farmer's fields. One very cool thing was a temple, very small, in a small neighbourhood in the middle of the fields. The doors were open to the little treed courtyard inside. And wedges in between the planks of the door was a phone bill.
I really wish I had had my camera, because that would have been an amazing picture.

For the last few weeks, I have been meaning to call Robert, the other foreigner in our town. It's been a long time, and hanging out with him always makes for a pretty interesting evening. Anyways, invariably, I will say "I should call Robert and go get a drink or something" and then about seven hours later (at eleven or twelve at night) I think "Oh, FUCK!" and another day is gone.

(Finished the following day)

Anyways, after Jessie and I returned from our walk, the phone rang almost immediately after we walked in the door. Jessie said jokingly "It's for you" because it usually is Mr Lee if there is a call in the evening. Then she added "It's Robert."
I recognized the voice, but I had no idea that it was him. I did, I guess, but I refused to believe that it was, because it was just too weird that Jessie had called it like that.
We wound up going over to his place for tea, which was awesome. Sylvia was also there, but undeniably Robert's son was the star of the evening. That kid is insane. One second he is begging to be lifted and laughing at me riding around on hishobby horse, the next he is screaming at the top of his lungs, while beating me with the hobby horse. He also thought he would clean, so he was running around with the swiffer. He held it about a foot and a half from the ground, so it left about three and a half feet on the other end that were constantly buzzing through the air just inches from my everything.
We left pretty early, but it was a full evening.
Actually, it was a great evening.

No comments: