Thursday, March 23, 2006

Further awesomeness.

I wired home 2.5 million won yesterday. Canada just got $3000 richer. oh yeah.

Now, I will pay my credit cards entirely, pay for a correspondence course towards a biology teachable and still have some left over... sweet.

Also, I am loving my grade twos right now. I just did a lesson on phonics with them. It went well, but it looks like I will have to work with them at about half the pace that I work with my grade ones. It's hard to believe how far behind the grade ones they are. But that's cool, they can trail the grade ones, it just makes one less class I have to plan for, really, if next week I just teach them the other half of what I taught the grade ones this week.

Also, I dealt with my workshop issue, I think really well. I sent them an e-mail with a survey, so that they can direct the course of the workshop, and I made it much more detailed than last semester's survey, and I put more on their shoulders in terms of what they are responsible for bringing.
I don't think they will like it, really. But it is what they asked for, at the same time.
They remind me of the students who ask for tutoring. Then when I say that they should bring questions for me to help with, they don't come, because they want to be spoon fed. It doesn't help that the school of thought here is that you can learn by osmosis.
But, it's dealt with, and I think that things will run very smoothly this semester.
I feel so in control and potent. I rule!

No comments: